Job Title: Document Controller
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Compensation: Salary range is indicative and automatically generated by LinkedIn from estimated data
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: 41515
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Document Controller to join our Liquefied Gas Equipment (LGE) Division. We design and supply cargo handling systems for liquefied gas ships/carriers across the globe. LGE is an incredibly innovative and diverse business with patented designs working with LPG, LNG, Ethane, Ethylene and new projects with CO2.
Our Head Office is in Rosyth, with most projects mainly in South Korea and China at the biggest shipyards in the world. With a diverse product portfolio in numerous markets, we offer an exciting opportunity to join an ever-growing business.
Who we are looking for?
You'll need to have experience as a Document Controller, if you have worked in an engineering, Oil & Gas or Technical environment this would be desirable. You will have experience of using Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Excel.
We would also like you to have excellent communication skills and be able to build strong relationships with all LGE departments and suppliers.
What will you be doing?
* The preparation and development of drawing & document control registers.
* Receiving of supplier documentation, checking document requirements then issuing to relevant departments ensuring prompt turnaround.
* Controlling approval comments to and from suppliers.
* Expediting suppliers to ensure approval and final documents are received on time.
* Submission of drawings & documents to the relevant classification societies.
The experience you'll bring
* Document Control experience in either Technical or Engineering background.
* Clear and confident communicator
* Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines
* Highly motivated with an attention to detail
* You must be able to achieve the relevant security clearance for the role
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.