An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Packaging Development Technologist to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their R & D facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral.
This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12 months (Maternity Cover) working a 37.50-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £42,000k per annum depending on experience.
*Due to the urgent nature of this role, we cannot accept any applications that have a longer notice period of 1 month!!
We are recruiting for a Packaging Technologist to join the Global Hair Packaging team based in the R&D Centre in the North West (close to Liverpool) - working on the world's most recognisable Hair Care brands and products: Dove, Tresemme, TIGI, Sunsilk. The Hair category is committed to developing and implementing circular packaging with a low carbon footprint. We are recognised as a team who pioneer technologies which will help us meet our plastic commitments by 2025. This role is a great chance to be part of that team and have real impact - partnering closely with Marketing, Supply Chain, Procurement and other R&D functions to pioneer and deliver consumer- winning disruptive packaging innovations into markets around the world.
- Work together with the Packaging Manager to transform marketing/brand ideas, consumer insights and business needs into excellent packaging solutions
- Lead the technical development of packaging from concept through to proving manufacture at scale,
Manage the relationship with packaging and materials suppliers in the development of packaging solutions
- Lead packaging testing activities, understand and interpret results, make recommendations, and build robust specifications.
Develop new or existing packaging that meet supply chain, formulation, consumer, brand, regulatory and legal requirements.
Explore disruptive packaging technologies and ideas which will bring new products that enhance consumer experiences
Ensure that all our packaging meet the Hair Category's plastic commitment by 2025
- Work across multiple innovation projects and cross-functional teams in different geographies, sharing best practice, facilitating, and supporting project development and rollout.
Packaging knowledge and guidance - work and communicate effectively with different functions, R&D partners, and suppliers to deliver against the project network timings and identify and manage risks.
Play an active role in leading and contributing to the Packaging Strategy and other category activities.
- Must have 3-4 years relevant experience in packaging development including packaging testing and understanding of technologies (must have)
- A creative, logical and analytical mind to generate innovative design solutions to technical design problems.
- Ability to apply business leadership skills understanding and prioritise the impact of design decisions on cost, consumer and environment.
- Self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate complex engineering and design principles to people at all levels of the business, across different functions, in a clear and engaging way.
- Passionate about sustainability, brands, and their consumers.
- Great people skills; building and maintaining relationships internally and externally with an ability to be persuasive and assertive when necessary. Ability to work well both independently and as part of a wider cross-functional team.