Job Title: Control Room Operator
Location: Capenhust, Chester, GB, CH1 6ER
Compensation: £34,470.08 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43290
Looking for a new opportunity as a Control Room Operator? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled Control Room Operator to join our motivated team here at Babcock International.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic individual to join our successful and dynamic organisation. This role will suit an individual who has a passion to deliver consistent and exceptional service, one who motivates others and overcomes objections, as well as a good vision to plan ahead.
What will you be doing?
As a Control Room Operator, you will play a key role in providing a safe and efficient site operation, effectively handling and supporting incidents as well as emergencies both on and off site. You'll carry out routine tasks in accordance with site and Shift Manager requirements.
Your duties will include
* Receive and process emergency calls
* Support emergency response and deploy resources
* Maintain communications and oversee support staff
* Follow dedicated procedures to notify external stakeholders and agencies
* Maintain a record of calls, messages and requests in the required format and medium
* Maintain awareness of, monitor and respond to, alarms and signals
* Respond to internal and external stakeholders with general enquiries mindful of security situation.
* Carry out routine checks, tests and inspections of equipment and documents
The experience you'll bring
* NVQ Level 2 or equivalent level of professional experience
* Experience of previous industry skills in Incident Response roles
* Nuclear Industry Experience
* Control Room Operator trained
* Driving Licence
* Good standard of health and fitness for the role is desirable
* SIA Licence is desirable
* Experience of working in a 24/7 environment is desirable
* Previous experience within an Incident Response environment is desirable
* Must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 25th April 2022