Job Title: Driver/Handler
Location: Colerne, Wiltshire, GB, SN14 8DD
Compensation: £ 23,198.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / 12 month FTC
An exciting opportunity to join a well-established contract providing class leading support to the UK Ministry of Defence. An interesting, dynamic and rewarding role utilising specialist skills whilst operating within a small team, albeit being part of a much bigger International organisation.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Driver/Handler on a 12 month fixed term contract to ensure the provision of professional driving for all nominated tasks as required to meet or exceed customer and company expectations.
What will you be doing?
* Daily/weekly and any other maintenance and checks required to ensure vehicle safety and compliance to support flying operations.
* Control all vehicle related administration within DVSA/RAFMT/DGSA and Babcock guidelines, and ensure all personal licences, medicals and competencies are maintained.
* Assist in the ground movement of aircraft and be a key part in our flight-line operations.
* Preparing aircraft for the upcoming days flying, conducting see-in and see-off procedures as well as being authorised to carry out fuel and oil replenishment on the aircraft.
The experience you'll bring
* Cat C Licence.
* Ground handle Grob Tutor aircraft. (In house training)
* Will require PSV and ADR (Can be trained in house)
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 01/05/2022