Location: Bridgwater, SDC offices, TA6 4JF - 2/3 days a week onsite required remainder working from home
Compensation: Excellent Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
This role will be working within our New Build and Advanced Nuclear Technologies business unit which supports and explores further opportunities within the wider clean energy market. Our ongoing projects include involvement in the first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK in over 20 years; Hinkley Point C. Our expertise and knowledge is also being extended to advanced reactors and the manufacturing of materials for U-Battery, an initiative that should significantly reduce the costs of heat and power.
What will you be doing?
We have a new opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join us at our SDC offices site offices working on the construction of Hinkley Point C The successful candidate will be expected to attend site 2/3 days a week onsite required remainder working from home.
The experience you'll bring:
- Proven track record in large scale projects in the nuclear or similar regulated sector, including major EPC projects
- Experienced in delivering and operating at a Senior Level
- Experienced in working in a Joint Venture or Alliance environment
- Degree in relevant discipline (or equivalent).
- Relevant professional Accreditation (RICS CIPS etc.)
- Can achieve security clearance (BPSS or higher)
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers:
- Generous holiday entitlement and occupational sickness cover
- Agile working conditions
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Job satisfaction working together for a sustainable environment for future generations
- A tailored personal development and training programme as well as professional membership Subscriptions
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 26th April 2022