Location: Remote Worker - ideally near Bristol due to some travel required for business need
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Full Time / Permanent Position
As part of the delivery of the Babcock International Group Innovation and Technology Strategy we are seeking to appoint a Technology Analyst reporting to the Group Head of Research and Partnerships.
This role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to work with businesses across Babcock's Sectors and play a crucial role in positioning Babcock as the most innovative engineering services company.
Who we are looking for?
As a Technology Analyst the role demands extensive research, utilising numerous information sources, and subsequent presentation of the results in a manner which supports strategic and tactical decision making. Therefore, a proactive individual who is commercially focused, possesses a logical and analytical approach as well as good data and analysis skills and the ability to generate insights and recommendations, are all key attributes in securing this role.
What will you be doing?
* Tracking and facilitating the adoption of strategic technologies across Babcock.
* Undertaking regular horizon scans to identify and maintain a 'hopper' of technology developments.
* Supporting the prioritising of activity based on likely impact and time to impact and recommending suitable actions to take (i.e., whether to keep a watching brief, track, launch feasibility projects, or take immediate action).
* Support to the organisation and development of investment cases required to capture the associated value for Babcock and its customers.
* Support to the formation and development of strategic partnerships with external organisations, including academic institutions, industry Catapults (and their equivalents overseas), large corporates and SMEs.
The experience you'll bring
You will need a degree (or equivalent) in a business or engineering discipline, (other professional qualifications will also be considered).
We would also like you to have the following:
- Proven experience (post graduate training scheme if applicable) working within an engineering or technology business.
- Experience in research, business and commercial mechanisms and processes.
- Data and analysis skills and the ability to generate insights and recommendations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Willing to work in different sites and areas of the business and travel as necessary.
Lastly, you will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 5th May 2022