An opportunity has arisen at one of the world's leading industrial companies for a multi skilled Electro/Mechanical Engineer with an electrical bias performing reactive and proactive maintenance on factory machinery and infrastructure. The Engineering Technician will have to react to breakdowns, diagnose faults and minimise down time. You will be performing Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and installing new equipment.
What will your day look like?
- Work in accordance with EHS policies to install and maintain equipment whilst ensuring minimum disruption to production schedules.
- Responding to equipment breakdowns, diagnosing faults, performing preventative and planned maintenance activities.
- Undertake routine electrical inspections and complete repairs as required - using both mechanical and electrical skills.
- Procurement of alternative equipment to ensure rapid repair of production machinery and plant.
- Executes work according to standardised (ALPS) work practices.
- Assist with developing maintenance schedules to ensure the safe and effective operation of equipment and machinery and other areas on site.
What do you need to succeed in your application?
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations plus Compex Certificate Ex01-06 required.
- Portable appliance testing trained.
- Experience of permit to work systems; writing method statements and risk assessments.
- Must have Chemical or oil and gas exp
- Applying operating policies and procedures; awareness of EHS
- PC skills; (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applications
As an Engineering Technician you will already possess a minimum of five years of maintenance experience preferably in an environment where hazardous or flammable chemicals are being handled. Additionally, you will have an analytical outlook on your daily tasks & hold problem solving capacity, with experience of working under your own initiative is essential. There is a requirement to work cohesively with other Departments in the business, therefore you should always maintain a flexible approach to your workload.
- £35,247 per annum (pro rata) + call out rates
Shifts: 6-2/2-10/10-6 Mon to Fri only
- Call out rate is 4 hours at double time
- 5 for overtime worked outside normal working hours/shift
- Saturdays - after 12 noon double time over the weekend, upto 12 noon x1.5
Apply now for immediate consideration. Jayne