Permanent position. I am currently recruiting for an excellent opportunity for an experienced Chemist to work within a leading global company in Sunderland. This is a full-time permanent role working from 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Salary is between £22,000 to £23,000 dependant in experience.
This role involves:
To be responsible to the Laboratory Manager for:
- Compliance with Health and Safety Regulations
- Compliance with all relevant Quality Assurance and Environmental Procedures
- Promote a positive health and safety culture by maintaining audit ready sites through sustaining good housekeeping standards, wearing correct PPE.
- To work in a safe, standardised, and efficient manner to perform all the required analysis and to operate equipment as per test methods and quality requirements
- Perform the required analysis to acceptable standards for all material entering onto and leaving site and to suitably support production analysis requirements, recording all data into SAP and raising any deviations within the system
- Assisting the Laboratory Manager in all aspects of their work including covering the other technician's holidays/absence as required
Skills and experience required:
- Strong background in Chemistry with a related degree.
- Experience of working within QC and QA work.
- Knowledge of waste management would be an advantage
- Driving licence and own transport will be required due to location
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply below for immediate consideration.