Our client based in West Edinburgh requires counterbalance forklift driver to work within the Warehouse/Goods In division on a permanent basis. The shifts will be Monday to Friday
Week 1 Mon-Thurs 8am to 4.30pm. Friday 8am to 3.30pm.
Week 2 Mon Thurs 7am to 3.30pm and Friday 7am to 2.30pm (between 7am and 8 am you will be entitled to an 18% uplift for these hours)
Main responsibilities include -
- General Labouring / forklift duties Including daily Forklift checklist
- Controlling entrance to yard and directing couriers, customers where required.
- Offloading vehicles with in-bound goods.
- Loading vehicles if / when required.
- Inspection of all in-bound materials for signs of damages and correct quantities, feeding back problems to Purchasing / Materials team and performing required Inspection Reports/Plywood tolerance and moisture checks.
- Safe and orderly storage of goods in warehouse (operating FIFO) and yard area as appropriate.
- Correct process procedures for booking into stock, including ticketing product and carrying out the necessary FSC checks.
- Reporting any equipment faults to maintenance staff immediately.
- Cleaning and maintaining the warehouse to ensure operational efficiency.
- Operating in a safe manner complying with all Health, Safety and Environment requirements to ensure own and safety of others
A valid counterbalance forklift licence is an essential requirement for this role
Interested ? Apply immediately