I have a superb opportunity for a Workshop Service Engineer to work for a National Tool & Access Hire orgnaisation based at their depot in Cosby, Leicester.
About the role:
As a Workshop Service Engineer you will work within a busy depot to inspect, repair and maintain our machines ensuring that they are ready for use by our customers. Our machines are powered access machines such as booms and scissor lifts but don't worry full training will be given. So, providing you have a great attitude and are willing to learn plus have some mechanical/ electrical engineering experience behind you then this could be the role for you.You maybe an experienced powered access engineer OR maybe you are an experienced car mechanic, plant fitter or similar.
- Support the Senior Service Engineer in the effective running of the Depot workshop within the region.
- Carry out pre-delivery inspections (PDI) of machines at client premises and at depot as required, and in conformance with manufacturer's specification, company policy and the regulations affecting the use. Ensure that there is no deficiency or defect likely to affect the safe working of a machine. Notify appropriate manager of any defective or unsafe equipment.
- Repair machines at depot or on site as required to ensure conformance with manufactures specification and company policy.
- To complete planned maintenance activities including maintaining the appearance of the fleet to corporate standard.
- Handover machines to customers and familiarise customers with safe machine operation in accordance with company procedures.
- Act as an ambassador for the company, providing a high standard of customer care and being polite at all times. Relay appropriate customer queries to depot staff as required.
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork including engineer's report, off hire, pre/delivery inspection and service sheets.
- Update system on machine status change i.e. PDI carried out, Machine under repair, 6 monthly statutory Inspection completed.
- Relevant general engineering maintenance qualification, preferably to NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Experience in diesel engineering, auto electrics, hydraulics and diagnostics fault finding.
- Have a mature outlook and the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure.
- Understand the importance of excellent customer service
£27,000 - £33,000 working 8:30am - 5:30pm Mon - Fri, plus an extensive benefits package and career progression opportunities.