Job Title: Cost Controller
Location: Leicester, GB, LE1 3UF
Compensation: £30-50k + benefits
Role Type: Full time permanent
Job ID: SF42089 About us:
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle. This role will be working within our Clean Energy business specifically our Operating Plant Services business unit which plays a leading role in nuclear generation including a major contribution to the transformation of EDF's reactor technology to meet the changing demands of nuclear power. Cavendish is a trusted partner to EDF for the safe operation, late life management, life extension and ultimately the defueling and decommissioning of their sites. What will you be doing?
We have a new opportunity for a Cost Controller to join us at our Leicester site working on various projects. The successful candidate will be expected to attend site for adhoc meetings approximately two-three days a month but will otherwise be able to work remotely.
Major Tasks and Activities:
* Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets including Responsibility Assignment Matrix, WBS Dictionary (SOW), SAP sales orders and purchase requisitions.
* Responsible for the monitor, control and validation of project's accruals and commitments and the control of resource and financial forecast data.
* Management and control of financial change management on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements; manage cost risk budget and drawdown as part of the risk management process.
* Provision of internal and external financial performance & cost reports including earned value and variation analysis.
* Management of the cash flow cycle, responsible for payment applications and raising invoices, resolving any payment issues.
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers:
* Generous holiday entitlement and occupational sickness cover
* Agile working conditions
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Job satisfaction working together for a sustainable environment for future generations
* A tailored personal development and training programme as well as professional membership Subscriptions
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
The experience you'll bring:
* Previous experience working in the Nuclear or Defence Sector or within an alternative highly regulated Environment for example: Oil and Gas, Rail, Pharma Etc.
* Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
* Extensive experience applying budgeting & cost control in a complex environment
* Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC3-4/JCT etc…) including resolution of claims and disputes
* Advanced knowledge of cost management techniques
* Experience within a propriety ERP system such as SAP
* Good understanding of financial implications, which affect profit & loss accounts, balance sheet and cash.
* Highly experienced within Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft packages.
* Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out
The following qualifications would be beneficial:
o HNC level qualification (or equivalent) in cost engineering or quantity surveying
Ideally a bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field
o ECITB QCF Level 5 Diploma (or equivalent) in Cost Engineering (Cost Control)
A professional qualification and membership (e.g. APM/AcostE/RICS/CIMA) (or equivalent)
Armed Forces CovenantWe are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 5th May 2022