Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Milton Keynes for a Cash Processing Specialist to join their team with an immediate start!
This is a temporary role with an immediate start.
The hourly rate is £12 per hour and you will be expected to work a 35 hour week.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Cash Processing Team Leader in Finance Operations, this role will be responsible for processing incoming payments on the Accounts Receivable ledger, investigating/resolving allocation queries for all customer portfolios, within agreed timescales.
The role holder will become an expert in knowing and anticipating what/why transactions exist on the sales ledger and suspense accounts to identify exceptions in processing (be it system/process/user error) for accurate reconciliation.
- Process incoming payments on the Accounts Receivable ledger adhering to Treating Customers Fairly measures around the aging of cash received.
- Investigation and resolution of incoming payment queries within agreed targets to ensure customer and Auction House payments are accounted for accurately.
- Ensure the daily processing of Direct Debit Collection and Direct Debit Instruction files are completed within agreed timescales.
- Allocation of Auction House sales proceeds, investigation and resolution of queried items for accurate balance sheet reporting and stock control.
- Ensure requests received for raising ad-hoc invoices/credit notes from all business areas are completed in time of agreed service levels.
- Asset invoice reversals are completed to agreed service levels to prevent collection of payment from customers which is not due.
- Monthly reconciliation of sales ledger balance sheet accounts relating to the customer portfolio.
- Identifying the refund of customer transactions within refund rules and add to the database to enable authorisation and processing of refund to the customer.
- Ensure balance sheet and customer account integrity in order to support the Cash Processing Team Leader in liaising with internal and external auditors, demonstrating a robust control mechanism exists for sales ledger account management.
- Build technical knowledge of the Contract Management System, SAP FI and Excel whilst also improving product knowledge.
- Constantly seek to improve ways of working within the team, sharing knowledge, experience, and best practice.
- Co-author and analyse business process to generate requests for change to deliver on operational excellence.
- Provide UAT skills where required and assist Developers when requested.
- Provides subject matter knowledge to support IT with resolution of system related incidents.
- Update all procedural documentation in line with NetConsent.
- In depth knowledge of SAP FI is desirable
- Accounts Receivable experience
- Proficiency with Excel is essential to intermediate level
- Demonstrates analytical approach supported by strong problem solving skills
- Be experienced in the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, investigation and clearing of outstanding items
- Organised and able to work flexibly and effectively under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Methodical and disciplined approach to work
- Good communicator able to collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- Self-motivated and a strong team player, motivated by new challenges
- Numeric with financial and commercial awareness
- Reliability and accuracy in working practices is necessary
NO HOLIDAYS ARE ALLOWED DURING THE PEAK PERIODS
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now!