Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Location: Hamilton, Blantyre, GB, G72 0LH based with travel across United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland)
Compensation: £53,000 to £63,000 DOE + £5,038 car allowance + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer to join our business here at Stephenson Place, Hamilton. As a Senior Project Engineer you will report into the Principle Engineer, taking responsibility for leading the telecoms project as well as being the main engineering point of contact and working as an integral part of the project team.
Who we are looking for?
The role of a Senior Project Engineer is to ensure all telecoms engineering activities in connection with the design and implementation of project work, are co-ordinated and technically compliant to Client and Company Standards. Therefore, excellent planning and organisation skills, a flexible approach, as well as strong leadership and development skills are all key attributes to securing this role.
What will you be doing?
To carry out your role as a Senior Project Engineer, you'll be required and willing to work away and travel across Scotland and Northern Ireland as the business need requires. You'll identify any changes to scope and initiate change requests.
Your duties will include:
* Act as a Telecoms CEM, CRE or Senior Engineer on allocated schemes as required. Allocated works may be on Network Rail, Translink or other infrastructure.
* Act as engineering contact and liaison with team members, clients and sub-contractors in order to resolve any technical issues.
* Act as a Lead Design Engineer responsible for the production and checking of all design details associated with Telecoms schemes.
* Produce and direct the preparation of schematics, estimates and working drawings for Telecoms works within the project team to meet laid down timescales and authorised expenditure constraints.
* Ensure the application and implementation of all established standards and specifications for company, Network Rail and statutory (DOT), including CDM principles.
* Production, checking and issue of Telecoms schematics, diagrams and working drawings to confirm the quality of product and enable construction work to take place within the prescribed timescale.
The experience you'll bring
* Appropriate educational and technical qualification e.g. HNC/HND/Degree
* IRSE Licence holder in an Engineering Manager category
* Member of an appropriate professional institution
* Proven experience in railway telecoms project work
* Full UK Driving License
* PTS card holder
* Commercial Awareness
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Car allowance
- Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 29th April 2022