Job Title: Buyer
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GB, GL51 6SR
Compensation: £ 30,000.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Permanent
Babcock UK Aviation has an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Buyer based in our Onshore Office at Gloucestershire Airport near Cheltenham which will support the aviation fleet in the UK.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a commercially driven, supply chain aware individual to join our fast paced team based at Bristol. You will lead commercial reviews, build supplier relationships, drive cost savings and manage supply chain risk. This is a great opportunity to grow your business acumen and negotiation skills in a professional environment.
What will you be doing?
* Create sourcing strategy with vendors to maximise value for Babcock Aviation. Aiming to improve payment terms, warranty and controlling cost.
* Hold regular reviews with key vendors ensuring a positive relationship between the two parties. Focusing on delivery, cost, on-time payment and pricing disputes.
* Responsible for creating, negotiating and amending contracts for Parts and Services related to the respective OpCo.
* To action requisitions and obtain quotations for new aircraft parts, standard exchanges, repairs orders and indirect requirements in order to obtain the most cost effective solution and efficient delivery to meet the requirements of the business. Orders to be sent to the relevant supplier.
* Responsible for receipting indirect orders once requisitioner has confirmed order has been completed/ fulfilled.
* Identify opportunities for longer term agreements and submit these to the Category team and Procurement Manager for review and action.
The experience you'll bring
* Supply chain management experience
* Ideally CIPS qualified
* Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
* SAP Experience would be beneficial
* Comfortable negotiating
* Able to cope with changing variables and remain comfortable
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 29/04/2022