Digital Pre-Press & Press Operator
Could you commit to working two days doing pre-press work (Mac operator/art working) and three days running the digital press?
- Using Company software to prepare files for jobs to print on UV Inkjet Press, supplying digital proofs to clients, maintaining files in orderly system.
- Operating Digital Press. Setting up presses, colour matching jobs, checking quality of print and ad-hoc tasks such as machine maintenance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing clients artwork files for printing on digital UV inkjet machine (amending as required, checking art worked files are correct to customer's needs). Files received may be print-ready or may require adjustment.
- Creating and supplying digital proofs to clients for approval
- Use of proprietary industry specific software relevant to your role, for proofing, file preparation and manipulation.
- To run the Digital press as required - loading, unloading materials, operation of the press and QC checks on jobs.
- Offline colour matching.
- Inputting data into CERM including material consumptions and clocking data.
- Ensure all product leaving your machine is of the highest possible standard. Any substandard product must be quarantined and reported to the Production Manager before moving to the next job.
- To maintain the press in good operational readiness to maximise uptime.
- Tasks including setting up jobs in DFE, checking job specification, loading material and sign offs.
Apply today, should you wish to discuss further.