CONTRACT SUPPORT OFFICER
The role of the CSO supports the business in administering the commercial activities for professional service contracts on the HPC project. The CSO provides support to those managing packages of work by helping them with a variety of standard business processes / systems / tools and liaising with appropriate internal stakeholders. The CSO also provides management information to delivery teams to ensure that the current portfolio of work is matched to the internal and external resources and budgets available, and reallocated as effectively as possible when priorities change.
The support includes but is not limited to:-
- raising purchase orders for the spending of monies on goods and services,
- ensuring that accruals/goods receipts are in place,
- managing spend against budgets during the year, making changes where needed,
- securing changes to planned levels of internal resource,
- problem solving on behalf of those managing packages of work to ensure good control, wherever this is appropriate and
- input at progress meetings where required to provide supporting information to those managing the packages of work.
- Ad-hoc support, in line with Business need.
- Established knowledge and skills related to the internal systems and tools used in the delivery of Commercial Management.
- Able to provide guidance and advice about financial and contract management to help improve budget control and commercial awareness.
- Previous experience of providing high quality proactive support to others.
- Strong numerical skills, able to interrogate, analyse and report data.
- Good experiences of Microsoft Office software in general; in particular excel skills for reporting and analysis.
- Experience of SAP, CEMAR or Fieldglass would be beneficial
- Clear bias for action with healthy questioning attitude.
- Ability to complete tasks to deadline.
- Ability to work on own initiative, identify problems and solve them to drive performance improvements.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to actively build and develop strong working relationships across a variety of diverse teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for provision of high quality support to others, with a proactive approach.
- Excellent team player with strong ability for collaborative working.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new processes and tools quickly, not afraid to be in the 'deep end' to start with.
- Flexible, adaptable and speedily reactive to urgent situations.
- Good attention to detail.
- Displays behaviours for success.
Please note - this is a long term temporary contract with manpower UK LTD