This role will involve working Part Time (*two days per week) at a central client location Uxbridge t providing support to Desktop End User Support.
The successful candidate will:
Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure, Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
Provide 2nd level support
Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
with 1 to 3 years of experience in end user computing application and technologies
Candidate Profile Skills and ExperienceJob Type: Contract- PAYE - Initial 12 month term to May 2023
Part time - 2 days per week only ( 8 hours per day) Location: Uxbridge MiddlesexSalary: £17 per hour PAYE (8n hour working day ( 2 days per week)TThe successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a background in the service of the following equipment profiles, either gained within a customer facing / field based environment.
Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and later
Knowledge of issues related to Microsoft technology environments complex
Ability to perform independently the role of Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for issues and problems of TLC
Deep expertise in operational management of software products related to the environment and to the Microsoft technology
Expertise in handling issues related to distributing services, security and performance of Microsoft Work stations
- Experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems (OS -Windows 7/10) and network connectivity.
- Expert technology problem solver. Identifying issues, repairing problems, helping users, updating systems, installing new hardware and software, troubleshooting computers and basic networks, documenting systems, and supporting the IT department.
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.
o Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve the tickets which required on site support
o Manage any end-user service requests (e.g. desktop, mobile) which require local interaction
o Support all end users devices & their accessories (not limited to Desktop / Laptops, Mac, Telephones, Smartphones, Tablets, Video-conferencing systems, printers, printer consumables)
o Maintain asset register including hardware and software
o Alert Customer in case of licensing issue (Software)
PC and other devices logistics Management & Software IMAC and configuration:
o Resolve break-fix incidents, either by own intervention or requesting and coordinating technical service by OEM vendor
o Perform Soft IMAC, Image loading where this cannot be executed remotely
o Bios, Drivers, Software deployment on end user devices
o Deployment of mobile apps
- Hands and feet support on all devices
- Maintenance Activity / logistics support in coordination with Third Parties.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support team
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Be responsible for new starter setup and repossession of leavers equipment,
- New User On boarding - present IT and provide new user IT inductions,
- Manage relationships with vendors and ensure high-availability of business-critical IT systems,
o A strong customer service focus (High Level of customer interaction and engagement)
o Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal),
o Comfortable working both autonomously or as part of a team.
o Ability to work under pressure
o Negotiation skills
o Be able to provide VIP support and appreciate the difference between standard user and heightened IT Support.