An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Brand Manager to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead (will involve a mix of working from home and working from the office, dependent on COVID restrictions, ideally working in the office on a Tuesday and Wednesday).
This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12 months (Maternity Cover), working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £45,000 depending on experience.
*Due to the urgent nature of the role unfortunately we cannot accept any applications from candidates who have more than a 1 month notice period.
The Vegetarian Butcher is a relatively new brand in the U/L Foods and Refreshment portfolio and an incredibly exciting one to work on! The plant-based category in the United Kingdom is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic globally, and The Vegetarian Butcher is a challenger brand taking on the biggest names out there. Not only that but the brand is a one of the leading parts of U/L's wider Future Foods ambition which in 2020 set a new annual global sales target of £1bn sales from plant-based meat and dairy alternatives.
This brand is sold in the UK across 2 key channels - retail (supermarkets and convenience) and Away from home.
The world of out of home is dynamic and exciting. It involves working with customers ranging from Michelin star restaurants, hotels, leisure parks and home delivery companies through to pub chefs and workplace, school, or hospital caterers - as well as the wholesalers and cash and carries who service the foodservice industry.
Main responsibilities (Main tasks and decision-making requirements of the role):
Lead the development and delivery of The Vegetarian Butcher Away from Home strategy:
- Uncover root issues and opportunities (at category, channel and customer level) across the 6Ps via leading brand and category audits and deep customer and consumer insights understanding
- Bring timely insight to key stakeholders which results in best pack/price architecture, claims and innovation plans
Work with the Away from Home LT and Away From Home CDLT to achieve P&L targets
Brand Lead Interface with Away from Home CD, Customer and Operator Marketing
- Constantly monitor and optimise sales and marketing in order to hit the P&L.
- Work with support functions to ensure effective tracking of performance, and lead/be a part of forums to troubleshoot and identify ways to remove blockers to achieving goals
- Work closely with the teams to ensure an up-to-date funnel across all key operator groups
- Lead the brand marketing plan development for the total channel and work closely with teams in AFH to adapt for AFH operators in order to drive awareness, engagement and conversion. Ensure they have the right tool and guidelines to be able to do so
- Align the brand campaigns in AFH with consumer facing awareness activity to amplify
- Work with the teams to ensure the right activity can be funded, and fully manage the brand BMI allocation for AFH
- Represent brand team day to day at Away from Home forums including Away from Home LT where required, conferences and CD/CDLT meetings
- Ensure that brand plans are built into the overall business thrusts and aligned with the CD/Customer Marketing teams to ensure that customer specific themes and strategies are aligned with and amplify national plans.
- Take a lead marketing role with local and global teams to amplify launch plans with larger customers.
- Change Agent - driving effective peer to peer relationships across all functions will be critical to the success of this role
- Lead brand agenda in key AFH forums: AFH LT, S&OP, CD LT meetings
- May need to be a member of global communities.
- Degree level (in marketing/business studies preferably) or International Equivalent essential plus minimum Grade B in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- 5+ years experience of FMCG brand marketing roles
- Proven track record in Leading cross functional teams
- Proven track record of successful brand, portfolio and channel strategy development
- Proven track record in Campaign Development, especially in digital, social space
- You are a confident and engaging presenter and have a solid customer facing experience
- You have driven insight-based innovation projects
- Strong analysis & Business Acumen, with a clear ROI understanding
- Proven track record in senior stakeholder's management
- Experience in the Food Service Industry desirable but not essential
- National travel and overnights required (once or twice a month). International Travel may be required quarterly.