Senior Project Manager
Flexible with weekly travel to Rosyth, Edinburgh
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager who will be responsible for delivering an exciting, first of its kind project on behalf of the Ministry of Defence.
This is a project to decommission and dispose of assets no longer required for defence purposes. The position is lead to (initially) a design team that will take a concept design and from it produce a detailed engineered design for procurement, manufacture and implementation. This will include preparing the Concept Design for tender, both internally and within Supply Chain, resulting in a costed proposal and plan that details the completion of the Detailed (Engineered) Design.
The project is based near Edinburgh, but it is likely that an amount of the works can be delivered remotely with a geographically diverse team. The candidate must be prepared to travel and if required to stay over near to the client offices or other locations as necessary to best serve the needs of delivering the project safely and collaboratively with the other parties.
This is the first time the United Kingdom has undertaken a project of this nature. This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading engineering organisation that will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience across a variety of projects. We support UK and international organisations with a range of services and strive to be best in class across our various contracts.
What will you be doing?
* Once the proposed plan is accepted and under contract, the subsequent phase (Stage 2) will be to safely manage the delivery of the contracted works to time and budget. Further works beyond this design activity may be identified and develop the scope of the project over time.
* The position may have line management responsibilities, including pastoral care and career progression for a number of team members in addition to SPM responsibility for project schedule and costs throughout delivery of the works.
The experience you'll bring
* A track record for safety and successful project delivery.
* Experience of Project Management of Engineering Design works, including definition of requirements.
* Commercial acumen and experience of contract management.
* Experience of procurement strategies and the tendering process.
* Experience of Change Management.
* Excellent communication and stakeholder management / engagement skills.
* Experience of decommissioning / disposal of nuclear plant / waste would be highly desirable.
* Previous experience of working on Defence projects in conjunction with Government departments and agencies would be beneficial.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.