Job Title: Commercial Officer
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, GB, G84 8HL
Compensation: £ 35,000+ benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: 43191
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Officer to join us at HMNB Clyde.
We're a key strategic partner to our customers; the MOD and the Royal Navy.
You will be responsible for contract management activities to ensure the financial and commercial interests of the Company are optimised. Support to the achievement of financial targets and ensuring that contractual obligations and associated risks are adequately dealt with are a key function of this role.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Commercial Officer who is a self-starter, enthusiastic and displays a challenging attitude. Experience of managing projects as a Main Contractor in a regulated environment is preferred (but not essential) in any one of the following sectors: defence, power and process, oil and gas, utilities, nuclear, construction, transmission and distribution.
Ideally you should be educated to degree level or equivalent qualifications or experience in a subject related to business (including finance) or law
What will you be doing?
You will be accountable to the Commercial Manager on a daily basis and the Head of Commercial (as necessary) for the following:
* Preparation of commercial elements for tenders, contracts and contract amendments. This may include reviewing and drafting terms and conditions where appropriate.
* Provide support and guidance to the business regarding pricing, terms and conditions and commercial issues as well as regulatory requirements.
* Provide a key pro-active service to support the Commercial Manager and the project teams; Challenge and support project teams with respect to project controls, variations, risk management and progress.
* Ensure that proposals/tenders are priced, developed and approved in accordance with company processes and policies. Ensure that commercial policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements are followed, consistently across the business, and improved where necessary.
* Support commercial discussions and negotiations with customers; prepare and review responses to contract amendments and arrange for their approval.
* Prepare/review proposed contractual agreements (NDAs etc.).
* Provide support to the Supply Chain function including identifying appropriate flow down of terms and conditions.
* Maintain contractual records, documentation of key correspondence, status and reports.
The experience you'll bring
* IACCM or equivalent qualifications are highly desirable
* Working knowledge of MoD contract terms is highly desirable
* Experience of change management, subcontract management and management of contracts from contract award to contract close-out is desirable.
* The ability to make decisions within delegated authority and to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Good communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
* Ability to identify commercial risks, propose steps to mitigate, and communicate effectively;
* Professional, positive and supportive approach to both suppliers and customers;
* Ability to prioritise workload and identify concerns about workflow to Line Manager if any concerns are arising;
* An innovative and flexible approach to interpreting scenarios
* You should hold or have ability to obtain full SC Clearance
* Candidates must demonstrate that they meet and uphold our Purpose and Principles.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Share Ownership Scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
Closing Date: 9th May 2022