Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Minley Gibraltar Barracks, Camberley, GB, GU17 9LP
Compensation: £48,000 to £58,000 DOE + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF34329
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our business, being responsible for planning, delivery, co-ordination and management of construction and property related projects, across our exciting Royal School of Military Engineering contract. You'll be successfully delivering multiple projects focused on company objectives of providing a safe, compliant and productive workplace, while at the same time developing a future career with Babcock International.
Who we are looking for?
You'll come from a Consultancy/Client background, providing a wealth of knowledge to draw experience upon in delivering capital projects and concept design. We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Senior Project Manager with strong emotional intelligence who will define and drive excellence in people, processes, tools and systems so, outcomes are consistent and predictable for all projects.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Project Manager you will also monitor, inspire and motivate your team to support the successful delivery of projects across the contract. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a range of interesting projects within a great work environment and small supportive team. There will also be opportunities to develop and grow in the role.
Your duties will include:
* Leadership and expertise in project management to support Estate wide projects, including new build, refurbishment, fit-out, alterations, and client driven projects of varied cost and complexity, delivering to pre-agreed objectives and target, in a safe, compliant and efficient manner
* Management of RIBA plan of works stages 0-6
* Organisation, co-ordination and prioritisation of construction / property related projects across the contract
* Management of procurement processes relating to construction project management including production of tender and contract documents
* Preparation and management of key stage reports from feasibility through to completion and post evaluation stages, including business cases
* Responsibility for production of professional project management documentation including detailed management programmes
* Preparation of progress reports and presentation to senior colleagues and client representatives
The experience you'll bring
* Previous experience as a Project Manager in a Construction environment with knowledge of concept design through to completion
* Construction project management degree or similar comparable qualification
* Understanding of CDM regulations
* Good working knowledge of construction and property contracts, and ability to give advice on the same to senior colleagues (e.g. JCT form of contract)
* You will have likely managed projects with values of £100k up to £5m+
* APMP Qualified would be highly desirable
* MS Project user
* MCIOB and RICS is desirable
* Must hold or have ability to obtain DPSS security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 6th May 2022