Manpower are supporting an existing client with their search for a new Trainee Import Coordinator to join their busy Import team, based in Essex.
This is the perfect role for someone who is looking to begin their career in the freight industry, who has an interest in import activities and would like to work for a large, successful logistics group who are keen to progress their staff, in both knowledge and experience.
This could really open some great doors for your career! This company is always growing and developing.
The Trainee Import Coordinator will be responsible for (with training):
- Supporting the customs clearance team leader with VIP customer accounts
- Data entry - keying shipment details into the system with accuracy
- Pick and packing - arranging with our warehouse what products are due in and due out on any given day
- Customs clearance - learning the process to arrange customs clearance of shipments arriving in
- Invoicing - arranging the correct charges to be invoiced monthly to our VIP storage accounts
- Some warehouse work - light duties, meaning going into the warehouse to check product (will not include fork lift driving or heavy lifting)
What we are looking for in the successful candidate -
- Someone that has good computer skills using Microsoft and Excel
- Someone that is accurate, competent and caring about the work to be done
- Eager to learn and able to take notes when training, and apply them to the working day
- A good telephone and email manner and someone that is able to hold a conversation with colleagues and customers
The starting salary on offer is up to £22,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
This will be an office-based role, work hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Interviews to be held ASAP!