Job Title: Team Leader
Location: RAF Scampton, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN1 2ST then a move to RAF Waddington, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN5 9NB.
Compensation: £35,624.12 plus Shift allowance (£3,978.00) + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Team Leader. You will be working within the RAFAT organisation on the Hawk.TMk1 in a forward operational environment located at RAF Scampton initially, with an intended move to RAF Waddington in the latter months of 2022. You will ensure tasks pertinent to the maintenance, rectification and preparation of the authority's assets are carried out with the correct level of supervision by persons authorised and competent to do so.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an organised individual who has demonstrable people management and leadership skills, you will have the ability to build positive relationships at a variety of levels. You will need to be an experienced and highly skilled technician undertaking a range of activities to support aircraft or component maintenance, demonstrating the ability to investigations as required.
What will you be doing?
As a Team Leader you will
- Carry out Level G tasks that do not require additional authorisation criteria - subject to any limitations imposed by the authorizing authority (BAE Systems)
* Carry out self-supervised activities within own trade if authorised
* Condition technical equipment as SCRAP inside trade boundary.
* Maintain a PEVL to establish continuity of experience. Ensure that all tradesmen return the individual PEVLs for validation of entries on a regular basis. Maintain the highest of workmanship within a Mil 145 organisation
* Be responsible for maintaining airworthiness through appropriate task authorisation on an aircraft.
* Demonstrate awareness of broader external dependencies and identified areas for continuous improvement.
The experience you'll bring
* Significant senior supervisory experience on Hawk T1 (or equivalent Hawk)
* Supervisors in Aviation.
* Training in Aircraft related discipline to City & Guilds 2675 Level 3 or equivalent
* Quality and Air Safety Management Systems Training
* L4 Dip or NVQ 4 in Management & Leadership
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role (BPSS).
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants..
Closing Date: 9th May 2022