The job holder will provide PA and project support to the PDO Quality Programme Director & PDO Implementation & Change Lead.
Nature and Scope:
As part of our plan to secure a low-carbon energy future, our client is leading the way in building a fleet of safe, reliable nuclear power stations in the UK. It is a large infrastructure project with a very important role in the UK's climate change agenda and energy policy. The project will have a big impact in the drive to reduce carbon emissions in the UK.
- Provide a professional, accurate and reliable PA and administration support service along with admin assistance to the extended business unit as required.
- To work with/manage team assistants to ensure a professional and efficient admin support team for the Engineering and Quality departments
- Diary and itinerary management, preparation of weekly meeting packs
- Updating and ensuring all contact lists are current
- Document management/organisation and filing
- Record and produce minutes for key business meetings
- Effectively use appropriate IT systems to facilitate the preparation of reports, statistics, presentations and other information for the portfolio.
- Maintain data/records so that information is readily available and easily accessible
- Provide office services such as reprographics, binding etc
- Arrange meetings and co-ordinate the booking of rooms, arrange travel, accommodation, pool/hire vehicles and hospitality as required
- Administer the ordering and payment of goods and services utilising the recognised IT system
- Liaise with Finance to ensure invoices paid etc and maintain (local) cost record
- Maintain confidentiality of all information
- Keep in touch with the team members when they are out of the office and report issues/ take actions for response
- Respond to phone/email enquiries to/ from wide range of external parties etc
- Prepare letters, documents, ensure reports are well presented
- Keep up to date training/induction logs on all team members and liaise with HR
- Managing the onboarding process for new starters into the team, ordering equipment and obtaining system access as required
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Good organisational skills (flexible/organised/methodical)
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills notably with various levels of the organisation and externally
- The ability to work as an integral part of a team contributing to team success, communications and a positive working environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of the organisation and externally
- Compliance with health, safety, environment and other statutory requirements relevant to this role
- Flexible approach with the ability to multi-task and work on own initiative
- Previous team support experience
- Ability to deal with difficult enquiries
- Discretion - confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Attention to detail
- General administrative/secretarial knowledge producing professional work as well as ability to adapt to new and changing systems (and possibly creating systems)
- Use of Outlook or similar diary/email application; Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Working knowledge of SAP and ability to raise requisitions, desirable
- Previous experience in the energy industry desirable
If successful, you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary assignment at our client's site.
Unfortunately, due to the number of CVs received we are unable to contact everyone in person. If you have not heard from Manpower within 15 business days of submitting your application, unfortunately, your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.