Job Title: Security Supply Chain Assurance Advisor X2
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £32,660 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43259
To ensure that Babcock is compliant and effective in supporting and delivering against Nuclear Regulation and FMSP Contractual conditions for the Devonport site. Working collaboratively with the customer optimising security arrangements ensuring compliance and looking for continuous improvements in all areas.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Security Supply Chain Assurance Advisor to provide support for the management of the nuclear and non-nuclear supply chain security assurance within DRDL. There will be times where you are required to attend all areas of the Devonport site and the wider DRDL business.
What will you be doing?
* To deliver a professional assurance service and interface for the Devonport site and areas under DRDL control.
* Provide coordination and assistance with the nuclear and non-nuclear supply chain security assurance function within DRDL.
* Use an assurance framework and programmed audit designed to prevent unauthorised access to assets across sites, facilities and transport.
* Support the co-ordination, review and optimisation of supply chain security arrangements to ensure compliance with the requirements contained within the appropriate legislation, guidance and best practice, both civilian and defence related.
* Articulate, advise and influence DRDL and its approaches on the relevant supply chain security standards, policies and requirements, such that they can be analysed, designed, delivered and maintained in the most effective and efficient manner.
* Understand, articulate and provide evidence, arguments and claims to support supply chain security responsibilities and regulation.
The experience you'll bring
* Previous experience in assurance or security role would be advantageous but not essential
* Excellent written comms skills and attention to detail
* Min level 3 qualification in a related subject
* Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information (NNPI) experience desirable but not essential
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 13/05/2022