Job Title: Ship Control Instructor
Location: HMNB Clyde, Faslane, Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute, G84 8HL
Compensation: £37,500-£38,500 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43342
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Ship Control Instructor. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Ship Control Instructor at Babcock Marine Training at HMNB Clyde to deliver Astute Class ship control training to current and next generation of Submarine professionals. You will provide subject matter expertise and input into the analysis and solution development for technical change to the existing product and to provide advice in support to Marine Training's projects.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an engaging and self-motivated individual who is a strong team player with excellent leadership skills. You will need to have sound knowledge and application of Astutue Class submarine ship Control operations and we will need you to be highly organised and an effective communicator, both verbally and written.
What will you be doing?
As a Ship Control Instructor you will
* Training delivery: accountable to the Operations Manager: provide training to students with a wide range of experience, predominantly within the OPS/SMQ or SCT disciplines but also to provide assistance with generic training, for example Astute Class Familiarisation. All training is to be delivered to prescribed standards and within contractual requirements
* Training delivery: provide training to students with a wide range of experience, external to the ACTS contract. Training is to be delivered to prescribed standards, quality and cost
* Courseware maintenance: liaise with the Training Design (TD) team and provide SME support for the routine review and amendment of OPS, SMQ or SCT courseware
* Change: provide SME support to the review and evaluation of technical data/notifications of change, identifying the impact of change on existing courseware. Liaison with the TD team to implement required change
* Administration: to conduct all administration and reporting activities associated with the delivery of training to contractual requirement and as otherwise directed by the management team
* Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
The experience you'll bring
* Comprehensive knowledge and recent experience of operating Astute class Ship Control systems.
* Experience of Submarine Control Room management is essential
* Qualification as an Operations Warrant Officer/Senior Rating or Leading Hand with significant relevant experience, in the Royal Navy Submarine Service essential
* Previous experience of training delivery desirable but not essential
* Recent sea experience on Astute class Submarines is desirable
* You will need to have a DTTT/DTC qualification
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 10th May 2022