Job Title: Site Manager
Location: Chatham, Kent, ME4 4UX
Compensation: £35,000 + £1,500 upon completion of authorised person training, 25 days holidays, pension, gym membership and benefits portal.
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42722
About the role:
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Site Manager. You will be joining our Asset Team in Minley. Reporting to the Small Works Manager and in collaboration with the Site Senior Technical Officer, you will have operational responsibility to scope, specify, deliver and hand over multiple construction projects with a value up to, but not limited to £100K within specified timeframes utilising external contractors.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual who is a great team player with a flexible approach to work. You will need to have good interpersonal and organisational skills, with the ability to liaise at all levels and work to defined deadlines.
What will you be doing?
As a Site Manager you will
* Ensure a positive Health and Safety culture, focusing and supporting teams towards the aim of zero accidents.
* Ensure prescribed time, cost and quality standards are met when delivering works.
* Manage and co-ordinate the delivery of new works programmes. Primarily Project Managing smaller value works (up to bit not limited to £100k) to defined timelines and standards that include the production of project documentation.
* Undertake delivery of a backlog and lifecycle programme of works in collaboration with asset team surveyors that package works to achieve value for money as far as reasonably practical.
* Ensure works undertaken are fully planned and specified that follow correct processes for planning, procurement and approval whilst continuing to ensure operational capability is maintained, in particular ensuring works meet:
- Current legislation.
- Building Regulations
- Construction, Design and Management Regulations
- Best practice guides
- Planning application requirements where applicable.
- Ministry of Defence Joint Service Publications where applicable.
- Environmental and sustainability standards.
- Functional and operational standards laid down in the contract and those faults are rectified within the specified timescales ensuring that operational capability is maintained.
The experience you'll bring
- Qualification requirement HNC/HND/NVQ5 or an equivalent in an appropriate discipline is essential
- A member or willing to work towards a professional body status. This will be set and monitored as part of the Performance Development Plan process.
- Experience and understanding of a Hard FM services
- You will need knowledge of Building Regulations and Construction Design & Management (CDM) Regulations 2015 and any further amendments
- You will need a Health and Safety Qualification such as IOSH Managing Safely / British Safety Council Certificate in Supervising Staff Safely.
- We are happy to consider anyone from all types of backgrounds, coming from a mechanical or electrical would be preferable although not essential.
- Full UK Driving License
- You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance and a DBS check.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- Share ownership scheme
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.