Job Title: Naval Architect
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £ 37,908.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43101
Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding role in an ambitious team of high performing engineers? If so, we are growing and looking for exciting new talent to join us on our journey. Babcock Submarine Support Engineering's (SSE) mission is to deliver submarine programme and engineering excellence through enterprise collaboration, innovation and analytics.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people, with a desire to be at the forefront of engineering excellence, to join our growing team of Naval Architects. This role will suit candidates with a background in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math's; looking for a change in direction and a strong desire to develop themselves, as well as people with existing experience within the UK Marine Defence sector.
What will you be doing?
* Monitoring and managing the impact of through-life growth of UK submarines
* Completing intact and damaged stability analysis using empirical methods and industry recognised software
* Developing and generating of Safe Operating Envelopes using industry recognised software
* Creating bespoke operator procedures, processes or guidance relating to submarine stability and manoeuvring and control
* Providing submarine docking and un-docking support and independent assurance to the waterfront
The experience you'll bring
* A STEM background
* BSc, BEng, MEng or equivalent experience in Naval Architecture / Marine Technology / Ship Science
* Drive and ambition to develop your career
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 10/05/2022