Job Title: Sustainability Coordinator
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £ 27,688.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42818
Devonport Royal Dockyard LTD (DRDL) seeks to achieve and maintain the highest standards in the management of health, safety and the environment at all its operations. As part of the overall aims of the organisation we have an Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Strategy for which forms a key part of how we aspire to operate a sustainable business. As the Sustainability Coordinator you'll join a dynamic and proactive team in supporting the delivery of one facet of the ESG Strategy - The Environmental Working Group.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Sustainability Coordinator to coordinate and manage the Environmental Working Group (EWG) and ensure business alignment with business strategy and aspirations.
What will you be doing?
* Organise and lead on volunteer events that interact with local stakeholders in relation to Environmental Working Group activities.
* Develop the strategic programme of EWG projects (in conjunction with EWG members), communications and events to ensure the EWG's values and objectives are met.
* Deliver and promote sustainability improvement projects across the business.
The experience you'll bring
* Maths and English at GCSE grade C (4/5) or above, NVQ 3 in Business and Administration or a relevant discipline.
* In addition, an environmental management qualification or membership of a Professional body is an advantage (E.g. Affiliate of IEMA) - willingness to develop is important.
* Experience of working on sustainability projects is an advantage
* Excellent communication and organisational skills
* Must be comfortable communicating and presenting through a range of mediums with both internal and external parties
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 10/05/2022