Job Title: IT Support Technician
Location: HMNB Clyde, Faslane, Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute, G84 8HL
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43509
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as an IT Support Technician. As an IT Support Technician you will be reporting into the Support Manager and work in a team of three to provide technical support and assistance in the maintenance of a broad range of IT equipment for the Astute Training Facility (ATF) restricted network in accordance with ATF/ Information Systems (IS) services procedures and relevant Mod security policies.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone with a broad range of experience who is proactive and has a 'can do' attitude. You will have a keen eye to attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills. You will have the ability to prioritise your work effectively and be able to work well under your own initiative. You will need to have strong communication and customer service skills.
What will you be doing?
As an IT Support Technician you will
* Ensure that assigned IS Service Desk Support Calls are responded to and completed within the timescales laid down in the Astute Training Facility (ATF) and Pathfinder Bridge Navigation Trainer Information Systems (IS) Service Level Agreements (SLA), and in accordance with IS Procedures.
* Investigate and attempt diagnoses, fault repair and resolution of assigned Service Desk Incidents, Problems, and Change Requests. Will escalate significant IT issues and problems to the IT Technical Team Lead as required.
* Liaise with internal and external support groups, and other organisations, regarding maintenance and support issues.
* Raise procurement requests in accordance with Babcock Flagship procedures.
* Provide technical support at 2nd and 3rd Line position for all Servers, desktops, printers, projectors, and associated equipment, with specialist 3rd Line Support on the SharePoint environment.
* To assist the IT Technical Team Lead or IT Support Technician in projects as directed.
The experience you'll bring
* Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Project Server, site development and administration experience desirable
* Knowledge of Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016.
* Knowledge of VMware vSphere 6.5 & above (including vCentre and ESXi)
* Understanding and experience in Exchange Server 2010 and above, Microsoft SQL Server 2014, Microsoft Project Server
* A strong understanding of IT security and related policies, data protection and risk management.
* We would like you to have an awareness of ITIL and the IT service lifecycle.
* Server and client applications: Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
* Defence sector experience desirable but not essential
* Audio / Visual Systems Configuration experience is preferable
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 3rd May 2022