Manpower are looking to recruit a Mechanical Fitter for one of the world's leading suppliers of substrate processing, printing and converting equipment and services for the label, flexible packaging, folding carton and corrugated board industries.
Founded well over a century ago, our client has a presence in more than 50 countries, runs 19 production facilities in 11 countries and employs more than 5 800 people around the world. The firm recorded a consolidated turnover of CHF 1.563 billion for the year ended December 31, 2021.Position
Our client's vacuum metalliser machines are fitted, tested then stripped down in Heywood, before they are shipped to customers worldwide. The Mechanical Fitter's role is to assist the production team in building world class machinery. There will also be the opportunity to travel overseas to supervise the mechanical installation.
Management of Self
- Strictly adhere to all Health & Safety regulations, to ensure no possibility of endangering yourself or colleagues.
- Maintain and promote a safe and healthy working environment for all employees and visitors.
- Ensure that existing practices and systems are followed and actively assist in the creation and implementation of new best practice techniques to maintain the company's position of Market leader in our field
- Lead by example, driven by the company values of Trust, Passion, Respect and PerformanceMaintain a positive attitude with regard to the company's products, systems and structures, promoting harmony and a positive attitude within the workforce.
On these occasions you will be representing the company and your presentation, attitude and behaviour is expected to be of the highest professional standard.
- Ensure that production targets are met safely and efficiently within the working environment
- Work closely with the rest of the team to ensure targets are met.
- Update the Mechanical Charge hand regarding any issues with the immediate task at hand.
- Actively assist in continuous improvement and standardisation projects and processes
- Acknowledge and promote the company's responsibilities to the local environment as a whole.
- Focus on improving quality and reducing build hours through efficiency gains.
- Work cross functionally with design and technical teams, on build issues, to produce a superior product.
- Supervise or assist with company projects at customer sites in the UK or abroad.
- You will be based at 1 of 2 plants in Heywood, but on occasion you will be required, sometimes at short notice, to travel on a worldwide basis to assist in installation and service of a company machinery
- Assist with the introduction and induction of new starters to company procedures and ways of working.
- Actively engage in continuous improvement of yourself
Critical Skills and Personal Attributes
Functional and personal skills:
Leads by exampleDemonstrates excellent communication skills, both internally and externallyAble to interface personably with customers - ambassadorial skillsHas good time management capabilitiesAble to develop and maintain, mutually beneficial relationships with team members and colleaguesDemonstrates flexibility in order to address business needs
Education and Experience:
Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering - must be time servedBTEC ONC or equivalent Computer literate in Microsoft applicationsPrevious experience of working in a teamProven experience of working in a Manufacturing / assembly environmentHas experience of working to engineering drawingsHas experience of using Mechanical Engineering processes in assembly and fitting
Desirable Skills / Experience which would be useful
Has experience of working away from home overseasExperience in working with pneumatics and or hydraulicsExperience of lean production methods; PDCA / Cost down activitiesCapital machinery experiencePaper / converting machinery experienceProcess / vacuum system experience