Job Title: NSSS Technical Lead
Location: Hinkley Point C (Bridgwater) + Home working
Compensation: Salary up to £75,000 inclusive of allowance
Role Type: Permanent
Job ID: SF40072
Brilliant opportunity to work as part of the MEH Alliance on the prestigious Hinkley Point C Nuclear project. The alliance work across the project to integrate and coordinate the delivery of all main MEH, cabling and associated support services. This innovative approach will help different contractors work as a single entity to deliver the complex installation of cabling and pipework in the power station's 2,500 rooms.
Who we are looking for?
As a NSSS Technical Lead, we are looking for someone who can solve technical issues relating to the design of the piping system. We are looking for someone who can be influential, is self-motivated, and be happy being a hands on engineer.
Being able to diagnose and identify upcoming issues before they become project critical is highly important for the role.
What will you be doing?
* Aiding the delivery of design & manufacture of pipework systems
* Reviewing design data
* Supporting procurement and manufacturing phase
* Liaising with European suppliers
The experience you'll bring
* Degree or equivalent in relevant engineering subject - ideally mechanical
* Experience of working large pipework projects
* Knowledge of Nuclear Steam Supply System
* Experience of working in a configuration controlled design project
* Will need to have or be able to obtain necessary security clearance
What we can offer
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Travel and accommodation allowance (if qualify)
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Hinkley Point C
HPC is the first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK in over 20 years; Hinkley Point C in Somerset will provide low-carbon electricity for around 6 million homes, create thousands of jobs and bring lasting benefits to the UK economy.
Construction and operation of Hinkley Point C will create 25,000 employment opportunities, up to 1,000 apprenticeships and 64% of the project's construction value is predicted to go to UK companies
Marking a significant milestone in the revitalisation of our nuclear power industry, Hinkley Point C will make a major contribution to the UK's move to reduce carbon emissions. The electricity generated by its two EPR reactors will offset 9 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions a year, or 600 million tonnes over its 60-year lifespan.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.