Calling all graduates!
Manpower UK are currently partnered with a leading freight and logistics organisation who are looking to take on Trainee Customs Clerks to join their busy team, based near Braintree in Essex.
This is the perfect role for graduates who are looking to kick-start their career in logistics! Perhaps you've recently completed a logistics course and need that first, entry role into the industry - look no further. Excellent progression routes available and full-training will be provided.
The Trainee Customs Clerk will focus on ensuring that all clearance processes are completed in a compliant and timely manner to ensure a top class service for a wide-range of customers.
The responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with internal and external contacts
- Working with importers/exporters and internal operational colleagues to obtain mandatory information for import and export entries
- Accurately completing HMRC entries and necessary documentation
- Assisting customers on the classification of goods
- Using Customs related software including Sequoia, CHIEF, Destin8, CNS and NES
- Obtaining relevant licenses for different types of goods for imports
- Application of duty refunds and tariff reclassification
- Informing customers on market updates and any import or export/customs related matters
- Willingness to learn and progress within a business
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
Please apply ASAP or get in touch on either / 07483921954