Manpower are currently working with an existing client - a forward-thinking Forwarding & Logistics organisation, who are looking for a new PA/Office Manager to join their busy team in Gravesend, Kent.
Our client is well established in the industry and the bulk of their work involves moving large equipment around the world, including heavy industrial machinery, to events with amusement rides and production equipment.
This will be a very varied role where no day will be the same!
Due to company growth and an increase in the workload the management team is now extremely busy and need an experienced PA/Office Manager to take responsibility of the office and administration on so they can focus on further growing the business.
The responsibilities will involve but not be exclusive to:
- Overhauling the filing system
- Problem-solving - looking at how to streamline and maybe modernise the current things/processes in place
- Managing diaries and flights and any other travel for the two partners
- Last-minute bookings and travel to oversee large logistics projects and client visits
- Working with the Operations Director on any admin for some of the large projects
- Filtering calls to the relevant staff and passing on messages correctly
- Helping with any HR administration/IT Administration
- Ordering computers and laptops to booking in if they need support (IT, Printers, etc)
You will need to be proactive, ambitious, and able to manage your workload whilst seeking out new tasks to work on. The most important thing about the job is to be a good fit within the company. The company has a lovely team but a unique setup and as they expand require someone that can understand the team and their requirements and is willing to grow with us.
Experience & Qualities Required:
- Previous experience in the shipping/logistics sector is beneficial but not essential. It is more important that you have the right organisational skills and are a fast learner
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly new skills and working practices
- 5+ years as an Office Manager/PA to Directors
The salary on offer is competitive and dependent on experience.
This role will be office-based and will be based in Gravesend Monday-Friday (5 minutes walk from Gravesend station with High-Speed links into London)
Please apply ASAP or get in contact with me today