Location: Wokefield Park, GB, Reading, RG7 3AE - Office and Home Based
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Instructional Designer to join our Apprenticeships business working within the BMW Academy here at Wokefield Park. You will be responsible for creating, developing and updating a wide range of world class learning material that correlates with the needs of the business.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the UK's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training. We work in partnership major employers across the Service and Engineering sectors to help develop their people.
Who we are looking for?
This is a hands-on role requiring the successful candidate to have strong experience and understanding in instructional design and technology concepts. You'll be a creative and driven individual, with a real inspiring passion for producing high-quality and engaging face-to-face, blended and E-learning material. You will be skilled within the area of research and will be open to new ways of doing things, driving the team here with a fresh and dynamic approach.
What will you be doing?
* Working with relevant stakeholders to develop and update engaging learning activities and compelling course content that brings value and enhances the learner experience.
* Leverage the use of technology where possible to create immersive learning experiences.
* Drive continuous quality improvement by reviewing content during development cycles and identifying opportunities for improving products.
* Partner and collaborate with other Instructional Designers and L&D professionals to ensure consistent delivery across the Academy.
* Extensive proof reading and carrying out corrections of courseware prior to publishing.
The experience you'll bring
* TAP Design Accreditation advantageous
* General design / DTP qualifications
* Experience of project delivery from conception to implementation
* L&D knowledge / experience
* Excellent knowledge and experience of training design, as per ADDIE cycle
* Automotive Industry awareness / previous experience is an advantage but not essential
* Experience in instructional design and instructional technology with a focus on face-to-face, blended learning and eLearning
* Knowledge of BMW product, brand, sales and aftersales is preferred but not essential
* Understanding of / or ability to learn about innovative learning methodologies including the use of technologies
Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Our solutions range from bespoke, employer-led apprenticeship programmes to pioneering digital simulations and we work closely with all of our customers to reflect their organisational needs. Supporting both private and public sector businesses, a customer focused solution is at the heart of who we are, consistently putting the employer brand at the forefront of programme design.
As one of the UK's largest apprenticeship providers, we offer apprenticeships at multiple levels in engineering with particular expertise in the rail, automotive, nuclear and energy industries as well as the British Army and Emergency Services. We also deliver apprenticeships across retail, hospitality, active leisure, adult care, automotive, business, customer service, early years care and warehousing sectors.
Having delivered apprenticeships for over 20 years we have developed an enviable reputation across the marketplace, delivering high quality solutions for employers and apprentices alike.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Closing Date: 3rd May 2022