IT Business Partner
Location: United Kingdom - Remote working with use of Hub offices (Bristol, Portsmouth, Devonport, Rosyth and Leicester) across UK if required
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Business Partner to join our business, being responsible for cultivating and owning strategic relationships with key senior stakeholders across the business operating as a Strategic Partner role between the business and IT serving as a single point of focus.
Who we are looking for?
Using effective relationship management capabilities, the Business Partner will actively partner with business peers to understand their strategic roadmaps and annual planning of requirements of the IT function. You'll be required to shape and influence the demand, prioritising to improve business value and manage the portfolio effectively. In collaboration with the business you'll elicit objectives, high level requirements and robust business cases for a variety of project types such as Bids, Business Improvements and Evergreen.
What will you be doing?
The Business Partner will connect with and translate the Business strategic direction and requirements to the IT Subject Matter Experts to ensure solutions are proposed that meet the business objectives and align with the agreed technology and application roadmaps. You'll work closely with the Project Delivery function to lead change in a timely manner using positive and collaborative methods whilst supporting stakeholders to navigate IT governance processes.
Your duties will include:
* Maintain and build a close relationship with the senior management teams within the business units understanding their strategy and requirements of the IT function.
* Manage the IT portfolio for the business units in your area of responsibility.
* Collaborate with the business to prioritise demand in order to improve business value.
* Work with the business to elicit their high-level requirements for Programmes / Projects Work with Subject Matter Experts in IT to ensure that solutions are proposed that meet the business objectives and align with the agreed technology and application roadmaps.
* Work with BCS PMO to ensure programme and project delivery is effective and according to appropriate cost and timescales.
* Work with BCS Service Management team to ensure service delivery is aligned with SLA's and requirements.
* Work with BCS Service Management team to handle complaints and escalations.
The experience you'll bring
You will need demonstrable professional experience in areas such as Business Relationship Management, Information Technology, Account Management or a related field.
We would also like you to have the following:
- Strong experience in managing and influencing executive stakeholders.
- The ability to think strategically with strong communication skills.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and is motivated and self-organised.
- Be driven by results and have a clear vision on what a strategic IT Business Partner role is expected to be.
- Completed the Business Relationship Management Professional course.
- There will be a requirement for occasional UK travel
Lastly, you should hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance.
Informal enquiries can be made to Kyleigh Tucker or Samantha Moore, Head of Business Engagement.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Flexible working hours
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Closing Date: 10th May 2022