Manpower are recruiting a maintenance engineer on behalf of our client in Brecon.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Effective reactive, preventive and corrective maintenance of production/utility equipment and systems that provide essential services for site production.
- Fault finding and problem solving on electrical/mechanical systems to minimise business impact.- Perform routine equipment checks and respond to equipment remedial & breakdowns.
- Complete all work records within the Workmate system to maintain accurate equipment history.
- Participate in the development of the preventive maintenance programme and work to a maintenance schedule.
- Implement good basic maintenance and modifications outside core discipline.
- Work with mechanical/electrical engineers to maintain the site to a safe and reliable standard
- Identify and implement improvements in electrical / mechanical standards and efficiency's on the site, with the support of management.
- Support specialist contractor companies, electrical/mechanical or utility engineers when on site and to ensure that all work is carried out respecting HSE standards
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a timely and cost effective manner fully respecting UK and company HSE Standards
- Undertaken recognised training of Industrial Engineering and adequate IT skills
- Demonstrable experience in electrical/mechanical installation and fault finding
- Experience in working in an FMCG environment
- Ability to work without supervision but also as a member of the engineering team
Hours of work and benefits:
40 hours per week on a rotating shift patter
Monday - Friday 6am - 2pm & 2pm - 10pm
Sunday - Thursday 10pm - 6am
Company pension scheme and Company profit share scheme
28 days annual holiday (inc bank holiday allowance) and increasing with length of service
Please call the Bridgend branch and ask for Beth.