Apprenticeship Coach Team Lead
Location flexible with some travel to London
Babcock has been selected as the Metropolitan Police Service's (Met Police) learning partner, working with a consortium of four London-based universities - Anglia Ruskin University, Brunel University London, University of East London and University of West London - to support the UK's largest police service with the training of its new officer recruits from 2020.
The partnership with the Met Police will last until at least 2028, with a possibility to extend for a further two years, and is set at a maximum contract value of £309 million, dependent on the number of recruits trained under the programme.
Due to this exciting contract win, we are now looking to recruit an Apprenticeship Progression Development Coach Team Lead who will be responsible for the leadership and development of the Progression team across the PEQF contract ensuring timely progression of all students while maintaining financial and performance targets.
As well as working on some of the most high-profile projects in the UK we also offer a collaborative working environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
What will you be doing in the role?
* You'll manage team performance providing direction, coaching and feedback; ensuring progression targets, performance measures, KPIs and contractual requirements are well communicated, understood and met.
* Manage the quality of feedback delivered to PEQF students from the progression team,
* Ensure that a balanced caseload is managed across the team.
* Oversee the completion of functional skills milestones in line with KPIs.
* Understand and utilise MI, analysis and reports to manage progression performance.
* Ensure the progression team is suitability qualified and experienced against contractual and regulatory requirements.
* Ensure the contract complies with all internal procedures and quality measures and ensure compliance with external inspection and auditing bodies i.e. OfS / QAA / Ofsted and ESFA.
* Ensure feedback from all relevant stakeholders (Babcock, HEI and MPS) is factored into the review process to improve outcomes.
What do I need to be able to do the role?
You will need to hold a Masters level qualification whilst also having had previous management experience within an academic environment.
We would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
* Excellent literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
* Be a confident speaker, with experience of delivering sessions to groups of people whether that be operational or training agendas.
What else do I need to know?
* Successful applicants will need enhanced DBS through the Disclosure and Barring Service and relevant security clearance, however this will be provided during on boarding.
* These roles are on a permanent basis.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience then we would love to hear from you. Please get in touch with either Jed Williams () or Simon James () who are leading the recruitment for this programme.
About Babcock International
Babcock combines the best commercial practice with the values and principles of the public sector, working with schools and settings, emergency services, local authorities, colleges, government departments and agencies to improve the life chances of all children and young people.
From full turnkey projects, to the management and maintenance of specialist training facilities, Babcock is committed to developing and delivering training solutions which meet the specific and safety-centric needs of our Emergency Services customers. Our understanding of the Emergency Services operational environment, particularly around fire and rescue, means that we can deliver a suitably qualified, competent and safe workforce into your service.
Our long term strategic partnerships enable learners, customers and communities to fulfil their potential through world-class education.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.