Job Title: Regional Trainer - Chef / Hospitality
Location: United Kingdom-Remote worker - Covering North Wales area
Compensation: £24,355 + Benefits, rising to £24,896 after successful probation period
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
We are currently looking for a Hospitality expert to join our expanding regional teams of apprenticeship trainers across the UK. If you're passionate about hospitality, have extensive experience as a Chef and would like to pass on your knowledge and experience to deliver apprenticeship training we want to hear from you.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the UK's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training. We work in partnership with major employers across the Service and Engineering sectors to help develop their people.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a flexible approach and strong work ethic. You will have good interpersonal and communication skills as well as excellent organisational skills.
What will you be doing?
You'll join our team of regional trainers helping hospitality employees in sites in your area work towards and complete their apprenticeship programme. Whether you have experience in apprenticeship delivery or not we'll provide all the training and equipment you need, along with a competitive salary.
Your duties will include:
You'll be supporting apprentices undertaking level 2, 3 and 4 apprenticeships. You'll do this through a mixture of remote sessions via webinar or MS teams and face-to-face visits to sites in your area
* Your visits/sessions will include the delivery of teaching and learning using your knowledge, experience and the training we'll give you to support your case load of apprentices
* You'll maintain documentation within our e-portfolio system
* You'll be expected to engage with potential employers and learners and maintain existing client relationships
The experience you'll bring:
Extensive experience working within the hospitality industry as a chef is essential whilst front of house experience is desirable
* Experience working in a senior/supervisory role
* GCSE A-C in Maths & English or equivalent and good ICT skills
* Excellent organisational skills and a professional demeanour with good interpersonal and communication skills
* A valid driving licence and your own car, with a willingness to travel within your region
* A keen interest in supporting people through their apprenticeship
* Must hold or have the ability to obtain enhanced DBS security clearance with Children's Barred List check
Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
Permanent position, 35 hours a week, which is predominantly Monday to Friday
* Benefits package which includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme
* Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
* All travel expenses paid
* All the training and qualifications you need to become a fully qualified Apprentice Trainer and Assessor
* The opportunity to work flexibly and manage your own diary to support the training needs of your apprentices
* Equipment, including mobile phone and laptop
* An option after 18 months for a company car
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Our solutions range from bespoke, employer-led apprenticeship programmes to pioneering digital simulations and we work closely with all of our customers to reflect their organisational needs. Supporting both private and public sector businesses, a customer focused solution is at the heart of who we are, consistently putting the employer brand at the forefront of programme design.
As one of the UK's largest apprenticeship providers, we offer apprenticeships at multiple levels in engineering with particular expertise in the rail, automotive, nuclear and energy industries as well as the British Army and Emergency Services. We also deliver apprenticeships across retail, hospitality, active leisure, adult care, automotive, business, customer service, early years care and warehousing sectors.
Having delivered apprenticeships for over 20 years we have developed an enviable reputation across the marketplace, delivering high quality solutions for employers and apprentices alike.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
- We believe the position you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, should you be invited to interview you will be required to declare all unspent convictions and conditional cautions, and all spent convictions and adult cautions (simple or conditional) that are not 'protected' (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020); and
* The position you are applying for may involve engaging in regulated activity with children and/or vulnerable adults and it is a criminal offence to apply for this role if you are barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults.
Given the nature of the role, employment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will include a children's and/or adults' barred list check, and you will be required to provide the necessary identification documents at interview to enable the DBS check to be completed before you commence employment. These identification documents may be different to those required to confirm your right to work in the UK.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 11th May 2022