We have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Customer Service Advisor with excellent benefits!
Our client is a global provider of integrated medical and security assistance, claims handling, pre-travel advice, medical screening and travel risk management.
This is a hybrid role based in Christchurch, you will be required to work from the office at least twice per week.
Your role as a Customer Service Adviser will ensure customers are provided with first class customer service in their time of need. Assisting policy holders efficiently regarding their claims in line with the coverage provided by their policy, looking out for the interests of both our client and customers.
- Accurately assess claims in line with policy terms and conditions paying valid claims quickly without unnecessary delay and ensure customers who aren't covered are informed at the first opportunity.
- Provide an empathetic approach for all our customers by putting yourself in their shoes and understanding their needs.
- Identify both opportunities to recover money from other insurers and potential fraudulent claims during claims assessment to ensure we have our clients' best interests at the forefront of what we do.
- Attempt to resolve disputes with customers, referring to your colleagues for advice if needed. Proactively present solutions to problems and ensure the principles of Treating Customers Fairly are considered. Where complaints cannot be resolved, ensure these are escalated to our Customer Care Team immediately.
- Take ownership of your personal workload, ensuring claims are handled in a timely manner and tasks are prioritised in order of importance.
- Communicate clearly with colleagues in all other departments such as the medical assistance and medical risk assessment to ensure that customers receive a seamless end-to-end claims service.
- Ensure compliance with client and regulatory requirements throughout all aspects of the role. This includes, but is not limited to, data protection, treating customers fairly and complaints handling.
- Naturally empathetic to a variety of customer needs.
- Effective at conversation management ensuring a personalised journey for each customer.
- High levels of resilience to ensure work is effective and efficient even in times of pressure.
- Ability to multitask switching between telephone calls and file assessment.
- Focused on the task at hand with attention to detail for accurate claim assessment.
- Proactive in their approach to all aspects of their work.
- First class verbal and written communication skills.
- Great team player with the ability to contribute positively and supports others in times of surge.
- High levels of organisation of both time and workload.
- Computer literate must be comfortable navigating a computer system.
Benefits include onsite parking, employee assistance programme, incremental holiday, annual performance bonus, Perks at Work scheme, local discounts, life assurance, holiday travel insurance, medical defence cover and many more!
If you would like to apply, please send your CV for review.