Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Location: Henlow, Buckinghamshire, GB, SG16 6DN
Compensation: £ 20,000.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / 25 week fixed term contract
Job ID: SF43074
We have an exciting opportunity based here at Royal Air Force Henlow. This is a 25 week FTC with the potential to go permanent.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Warehouse Operative to perform general stores duties across all sections as required and have a basic understanding of issues and receipts of equipment, deliver and collect equipment from all Sections and MQs within RAF Henlow
What will you be doing?
* Ensure that collections and deliveries are carried out iaw current regulations
* Receipt / storage and issue of MOD stores using the MOD computer system (adequate training will be provided)
* Carry out stocktaking / snap check programmes as and when required
* Ensuring all collections of serviceable and u/s equipment is actioned in accordance with MOD procurement policy, regulations and best practice
* Responsible for the Health & Safety IAW the Station SHE Manual / MOD regulations and HSAWA 1974
* Take on additional tasks as detailed by the Base Supply Supervisor / SCAS Supervisor / LS Barrack Stores, within the HADES Contract
The experience you'll bring
* Knowledge of RAF Supply procedures
* Fork lift licence
* Articulate in oral and written communication
* Computer literate and knowledge of Office suite
* Driving licence
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 10/05/2022