Job Title: Proposal Manager
Location: Flexible to be remote anywhere in the UK -travel to Hamilton once a month.
Compensation: £35,000 - £38,000 (Dependant on Experience) + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42242
This is your opportunity to join the Babcock Rail Bid Team as a Proposal Manager. Working in a team of four you will provide support to the Lead Bids and Solution Manager in the proposal management and creation of technically written and winning bid submissions.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an adaptable individual who is an excellent multi-tasker and strong team player. You will have excellent communication and written skills and have the confidence to liaise with stakeholders at a variety of levels.
What will you be doing?
As a Proposal Manager you will
* Develop and implement effective proposal strategies and management plans
* Develop, review, and challenge the articulation of clear win themes based on emerging win strategies and value propositions
* Ensure proposals best reflect the benefits and value offering to customers
* Drive a structured and consistent approach to answer planning, including enhancing techniques used and working with teams to structure complex requirements
* Implement best practice in the planning, facilitation, and value of proposal reviews, undertaking the role of facilitator and reviewer as appropriate
* Provide proposal management insights in to opportunity qualification
* Coach bid managers, bid writers, and SMEs on developing effective proposals and written responses
The experience you'll bring
* Significant proposals management experience as a business winning professional on major bids is essential
* Experience of proposals management and Bid Writing within service-based industries in both public and private sector
* Bid Writing experience is essential
* Foundation APMP qualification is desirable
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 4th May 2022