Job Title: Casual Lifeguard
Location: Bovington, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 6JD
Compensation: £9.55 per hour + Holiday Pay & Swimwear and footwear allowance of £88.80 per year.
Role Type: Part time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43043
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Casual Lifeguard. This is a responsible position where you will be required to provide poolside life-saving cover in all aspects. You will be working in a team of four to cover three different shifts.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is a great team player with a flexible approach to work. You will need to be committed to excellent service delivery, with confident communication skills.
What will you be doing?
As a Casual Lifeguard Instructor you will
* Carry out checks of the poolside and changing room areas before and after each swimming session.
* Comply with pool safety operating procedures.
* Attend regular training sessions as directed by the Pool Supervisor.
* Ensure own fitness level is maintained and remain current with NPLQ qualification.
* Check pool safety equipment for serviceability.
* Report any damage to the pool or building fabric.
The experience you'll bring
* NPLQ Essential
* Good customer care skills.
* General health and safety awareness.
* Self-motivating team player with a flexible approach to work.
* We would like you to have thorough knowledge of pool regulations and procedures.
* You must be willing to attend a training course
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance and a DBS check.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 4th May 2022