Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Location: Minley, Camberley, Surrey, GU17 9LP
Compensation: £20,937 + Standard Babcock Benefits including subsidised Gym membership and access to Swimming pool/ Cinema on site
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF41929
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Warehouse Operative. You will be working within a team of 12, reporting to the Resource Manager to provide combat engineering support services to military training activities and warehouse management services to support the wider Contract.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an excellent team player who demonstrates strong motivation for the role, who can influence others and move towards a common goal. You will be a strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships.
What will you be doing?
As a Warehouse Operative you will:
- Support the delivery of Combat Engineering Support services to the applicable training courses; including transporting, erecting, and dismantling of equipment; sentry duties; waterman ship safety.
- Deploy in support of military training exercises of up to seven days.
- Snow and Ice Clearance (SNIC), storage areas, damage control and porterage as directed by Line Management.
- Supporting other departments during non-peak times.
- Deal with day-to-day customer queries in a professional, positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Carry out level 1 & 2 and other technical maintenance in accordance with Army Equipment Support Publications (AESPs).
The experience you'll bring
- What a role with Babcock offers?Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- Share ownership scheme
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.