Our client is a global leader in the manufacture of advanced material technology and are currently looking for additional support within their production planning team based at their South Cambridgeshire site.
Working as part of the existing planning team along with the material and manufacturing managers, the primary focus of the role is to achieve optimal levels of customer service & inventory for the client base, whilst simultaneously ensuring effective production capacity through effective scheduling.
The successful candidate will be joining at time of significant growth, therefore genuine scope exists for long term professional development and the opportunity to build a career.
- Perform the day-to-day production planning/scheduling for your designated areas
- Communication of the production plan to all stakeholders
- To determine the material and resource requirements of the production plan
- To support logistics process development and lean manufacturing/continuous improvement implementation
- KPI reporting on agreed metrics and targets
- Relevant production planning / MRP skills achieved within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in using ERP systems
- Experience in scheduling and inventory control
- Knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures: scheduling, demand, and replenishment processes (Make to Order & Make to Stock)
- Initiative driven and able to effectively multitask
- Able to collaborate with others and create and sustain positive working relationships
- Good level of computer skills
- Ideally an APICS or equivalent certification
Working hours will typically be Mon-Fri, 8:30AM - 4:45PM, though some flexibility may be required on occasion.
The estimated salary range for this role is between £30,000 - £35,000, in addition to which the company offers a range of benefits such as private medical insurance, income protection plans, death in service benefit, a share save scheme along with pension contributions as high as 13% and many more.
There is also an annual company bonus scheme which scales up to a possible 10% of your annual salary, based on the site wide adherence to KPI's.
To find out more about the role, click apply today!