Job Title: Project Engineers
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £32,660 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43300
We have new opportunities to join us at Babcock, in Devonport, as a Project Engineer. The Welding Design & Non-Destructive Testing (WD&NDT) Department supports the repair and maintenance activities on the Royal Navy's Warships, Submarines and Dockyard Facilities. In this role, you will form part of the department's Business Support function, providing project support and fostering a reporting and data capture culture with the aim of improving efficiency.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for you to have strong computer literacy skills with a willingness and aptitude to learn how to use new software applications. You will understand Welding Quality Management processes and the importance of its outputs and have a firm grasp of statistical methods and the ability to communicate persuasively and concisely in both written and verbal situations. Significant in assisting the department's project function and data analysis improvement requirements; and supporting the department's administrative function as well as providing project support to the Welding Design and NDT Department, managing bespoke projects involving topics such as Welding Process Modelling, Database Decommissioning and Equipment Management.
What will you be doing?
* Capturing an array of engineering data relating to the dockyard's Welding & NDT outputs to drive improvements
* Maintaining and collaborating to a standardised reporting culture within the department
* Ordering materials and ensuring their registration, and calibration records are compliant
* Assisting with bespoke projects, effectually interacting with a large range of stakeholders
The experience you'll bring
* It is preferential that you're qualified to an ONC or C&G in a relevant Engineering discipline, however suitable relevant experience will be considered.
* Business Administration NVQ Level 2 and 3 qualifications are also desirable, but not mandatory.
You must be capable of obtaining SC clearance as well as NNPPI, PSA and Atomic Security Clearances.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 06/05/2022