Job Title: Learning Support Trainer (English & Maths)
Location: UK - Remote/Hybrid role with essential travel throughout Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex & Surrey areas
Compensation: £26,520 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42428
Babcock International Group Babcock are currently looking to recruit a Learning Support Trainer to work remotely, supporting a caseload of learners with additional needs, to achieve their Functional Skills qualifications in both English and Maths.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who has experience with effectively delivering training, to a group of individuals with learning difficulties, and someone that understands the work-based learning environment for those learners with additional needs, not limited to but including dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting a caseload of learners who are currently studying to achieve their English & Maths qualifications. Your role will be to provide support, guidance, assessment and monitoring throughout their qualification, from enrolment to completion. You will manage your own diary and travel plans, supporting learners throughout Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex & Surrey areas.
Key duties will include:
* Interpretation of initial assessment and diagnostic assessments to formulate a learning plan.
* Manage a caseload of learners to achieve Functional Skills ensuring they are test ready within the required target date.
* Manage the eLearning platform for modules & levels assigned, at the same time as continually reviewing progress against the specification of each Functional skill.
* Deliver learning sessions to include e-learning modules & 1 to 1 sessions in the learners workplace.
* Ensure learner support evidence is recorded onto Etrack adhering to audit requirements.
* Communicate with Regional Trainers & Training Managers to ensure progress is communicated and opportunities to contextualise the learning are explored with the Trainer.
The experience you'll bring
* Must have a good understanding of Maths & English.
* Ideally have a teaching qualification.
* Level 2 qualifications in Maths & English is essential.
* Ideally have previously taught Maths & English.
* Must have or have the ability to obtain enhanced DBS security clearance.
* Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement.
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance.
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future.
* Share ownership scheme.
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
* We believe the position you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, should you be invited to interview you will be required to declare all unspent convictions and conditional cautions, and all spent convictions and adult cautions (simple or conditional) that are not 'protected' (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020); and
* The position you are applying for may involve engaging in regulated activity with children and/or vulnerable adults and it is a criminal offence to apply for this role if you are barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults. Given the nature of the role, employment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will include a children's and/or adults' barred list check, and you will be required to provide the necessary identification documents at interview to enable the DBS check to be completed before you commence employment. These identification documents may be different to those required to confirm your right to work in the UK.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Closing Date: 12th May 2022