Job Title: Operations Clerk
Location: Colerne, Wiltshire, GB, SN14 8DD
Compensation: £24,286.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43789
An exciting opportunity to join a well-established contract providing class leading support to the UK Ministry of Defence. An interesting, dynamic and rewarding role utilising specialist skills whilst operating within a small team, albeit being part of a much bigger international organisation.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an Operations Clerk who is people-focused and has worked within a fast paced environment where plans change rapidly, requiring you to have to adapt at pace. You'll have a can-do attitude and work well both independently and as part of a team and have the ability to communicate effectively across various disciplines and stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
* Providing operational support to the flying task, the Operations Clerk is a pivotal position in ensuring Flight Safety in order to provide a direct service in ensuring the output of the Squadron.
* You will champion a total safety approach, ensuring full compliance at all times with all relevant health, safety and environment regulations and exercise a positive approach towards workplace health and safety.
* Promote best practice, report bad practice and non-compliance and be confident enough to take preventative action if things just don't seem right.
The experience you'll bring
* No fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided candidate can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then this could be the role for you.
* Willing to learn the job
* Computer competency
* Civilian or Military aviation experience
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 13/05/2022