Job Title: AMSU Mechanical Supervisor
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, GB, SY4 4DZ
Compensation: £31,838.10 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42648
We have an exciting opportunity based here at Royal Air Force Shawbury.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an AMSU Avionics Supervisor to provide supervision and mechanical specialisation to AMSU Storage Team at Shawbury.
What will you be doing?
* Preparing various aircraft types for storage.
* Carrying out in storage maintenance across a wide range of air platforms.
* Preparing aircraft for sale and/or disposal.
* Any other task as directed by the AMSU Manager or their Deputy.
The experience you'll bring
* Formal aircraft engineering training for trade with formal certification.
* MoD Hawk 'T Mk1 Q' course or equivalent.
* Extensive aviation experience
* Demonstrable experience working on fast jet aircraft.
* Significant experience in a supervisory role.
* Experience of working on other aircraft types
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 12/05/2022