Assistant Production Technician
Our client, a leading Energy provider in the UK are currently looking for Production Technicians to join their growing CHP (Combined Heat & Power Plant) team in Kemsley. In this role you will be supporting the Energy Technician and Plant Co-ordinator responsible for the safe, environmentally compliant, efficient operation of the plant.
Pay Rate: £52,967 per annum.
Location: Kemsley, Sittingbourne.
Contract: 6 months
Hours: Shift based working, 12 hour shifts over a 24 hour period Monday - Sunday.
Start Date: ASAP
- Deliver safe, environmentally compliant and efficient operation of the CHP plant, within operational parameters; ensuring compliance with management instructions, procedures and policies
- Support the identification and implementation of improvements to all areas of plant performance with regards to SHE, commercial, performance, availability and reliability
- Deliver and support analysis of plant issues and provide technical advice with input into decision making
- Proactively take responsibility for fault diagnostics
The post holder's responsibilities include:
- Assist in the operation of the CHP plant in order to deliver availability and reliability through investigations of fault conditions and incidents to achieve and exceed business KPI's
- Actively promote a culture of health, safety and environmental awareness adopting a continuous improvement policy in safety and environmental performance
- Provide first line maintenance and fault diagnosis escalating to the maintenance team when required
- Proactively support the Maintenance Team during technical projects, and planned and reactive maintenance activities
- Carry out operational procedures, routines and reporting requirements to comply with current SHE legislation
- Be prepared and willing to respond to business needs in an emergency
Key Skills Required:
- A good understanding of industrial water treatment processes and experience in steam raising industrial boilers would be an advantage with the ability to demonstrate an equivalent level of practical industrial experience and/or knowledge
- First line maintenance experience across relevant discipline area (Process, Electrical, C&I, Mechanical)
- Experience of operating within safety, environment and operational polices, standards, frameworks and statutory legislation
- A proven ability to identify and analyse situations by isolating key issues, evaluating relevant data and drawing appropriate conclusions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with site teams, and deal with key stakeholders and external organisation
- A working knowledge of key PC based computer systems
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply today!!!